We learnt a few do’s and don’t from donors at our last “Inyathelo’s Donor Dragons’ Den” which we summarised into the following top 10 pitching do’s:
- make sure the presenter is the right person who can articulate your work in an engaging manner.
- show us a vivid picture of your solution.
- link your services to your need.
- tell us your cost, your concept and your cause.
- remember that when you pitch, you are being given an opportunity for revenue.
- show us our value from your proposition: what can we also gain from contributing to your organisation?
- explain your relationships, especially with any branding you advertise/show as part of your pitch.
- make it personal.
- tell your incredible stories.
- believe that your project is a good one and deserves our support!
Author: Ruvimbo Gwatirisa; Inyathelo: The South African Institute for Advancement