The askinyathelo.org.za portal is intended to be a platform for sharing information, tips and tools, and articles of interest related to the context we work in and Advancement and fundraising. The topic areas have been selected according to the Elements of Advancement.
Inyathelo defines Advancement as:
A systematic and integrated approach to building and managing external relationships with key constituencies and stakeholders in order to attract support.
In other words, Advancement is about:
- The organisational cohesion of institutions in terms of their planning, fundraising, marketing and communications, and relationship-building functions;
- The strategic use of specialised technical functions, including prospect research, relationship-building strategies, targeted proposal writing, and donor recognition;
- Strong and accountable institutional leadership and high-level leadership commitment to Advancement;
- The alignment of fundraising efforts with the strategic priorities and long-term development plans of the institution;
- A shift from a charitable paradigm to one of positioning for investment and attracting support;
- Ethical and professional standards for fundraising that hold the Advancement operation accountable both to the institution and to donors.