How do you make a potential donor aware that your organisation or institution exists?
Awareness is the first step in starting a relationship and because your organisation is making a difference, you should feel confident that you can make people aware of what you are doing.
Here are a few examples of how you can draw attention to your organisation:
- Your publications – an annual report or brochure
- The print media – letters to the newspaper about your NPO or press releases about your activities or achievements
- Electronic media – approach your local community or radio station
- Events – invite the media and the public to visit your NPO on an open day
- Advertising – public service announcements on television or radio that can sometimes be secured at no charge
- Meetings, marches and campaigns that highlight your issues
- Direct messages with people like government officials, universities, faith-based groups, other NPOs, traditional leaders, community leaders and your beneficiaries
- Appointing a spokesperson who will carry your message
ASK Inyathelo Magic Cube
Shelagh Gastrow and Amanda Bloch. Building Relationships with Potential Donors, Inyathelo’s Attracting Support kit for NPOs – ASK
Lizel Shepherd. What is Advancement? Presentation