How can you take someone who is aware of your NPO and develop that awareness into interest and passion for the work that you do?
Here are some examples:
- Invite the prospect to visit your organisation and meet your staff.
- Set up meetings between the prospect and your beneficiaries in the community.
- Introduce your prospect to other donors.
- Introduce the prospect to others who are passionate about your NPO.
- Give the prospect key facts and statistics about your success.
- Ask the prospect for advice or help, for example, ask the prospect to be part of the committee.
- Take time to get to know your prospect and communicate regularly without asking for funding
ASK Inyathelo Magic Cube
Shelagh Gastrow and Amanda Bloch. Building Relationships with Potential Donors, Inyathelo’s Attracting Support kit for NPOs – ASK
Lizel Shepherd. What is Advancement? Presentation