Some of the frequently asked questions by organisations when recruiting volunteers include:
- What ground work needs to be done within the organisation before volunteers can be recruited?
- Does using volunteers really save an organisation money?
- How can you plan a volunteer recruitment campaign?
- How do you prepare your staff to receive volunteers?
- What criteria could you use to select the right volunteers?
- What do you need to consider when advertising to recruit volunteers?
- What constitutes proper volunteer briefing and induction?
- What systems do you have in place to retain volunteers?
- Is it important to evaluate your volunteer programme as a way to reflect on its effectiveness?
We’ve selected a few resources that help to answer some of these questions, offering insight in to some considerations to make when recruiting volunteers for your NPO:
- Making Volunteering Work: An essential guide to managing volunteers in non-profit organisations in Southern Africa (Michele Williams, edited by Jill Ritchie) | also available for perusal at our offices if you visit the Inyathelo Book Lounge
- Before you recruit volunteers (via the Know Non-Profit blog)
- 3 Ways to Recruit Volunteers for your Non-Profit (via The Balance blog)
- The seven deadly sins of recruiting volunteers (via Volunteer Power blog)
- Preparing your non-profit to recruit volunteers (via TSNE blog)
- How do I recruit and retain volunteers (via Verified Volunteers blog)